Thursday, January 10, 2008

A minute discourse on the personal need for sleep

Sleeping like a baby:

Yes, that’s what I want to do right now - sleep like a baby. In other words, I want to sleep for ten hours straight, and then wake up screaming, "Feed me!"

However, have you watched a baby sleep? They drool, they drip snot, and they sleep in weird positions. They aren’t good at moving covers, nor are they good at getting up and going to the bathroom. My 13-month-old sleeps on her elbows, knees and face. We sometimes wonder how she even breathes.

So, sleeping like a baby is maybe not as good as it sounds.

We could say sleeping like a dog, I should be sleeping like a dog. Dogs sleep a lot. Of course, they also run in their sleep. My dog will kick and whimper while sleeping. Then she wakes up and licks herself. I don’t think I want to do that.

Sleep like a log. Logs don’t move, or breathe, or feel, or cry, or buy, or fry, or sigh, or get high, or get by, or…well, maybe not sleeping like a log - despite what the Beatles think.
Well, anyway, I need some sleep!

So, good night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,
I popped in to read your latest. I love the way you write. I always get such a good laugh. I look forward to reading what runs through your mind. So, KEEP WRITING!
Heidi